5 Paragraph Argumentative Essay Outline — Easy Sample for Students
If you choose a creative profession, writing will most likely be a routine task for you. You deal with writing essays on an ongoing basis, and nothing can shock or disappoint you. However, you should keep in mind that writing is an art and you should take every creative task you get seriously. You may have a bunch of ideas in your head, but you really can’t understand how to express your opinion correctly. If this is the case with you, the best solution would be to create an outline which will help you with organizing your thoughts and creating a coherent and exciting essay.
In this article, we’ll talk about the importance of a 5 paragraph argumentative essay outline. We’ll also provide you with a sample outline which will help you understand what elements to include in your essay.
Usually, argumentative essays are pretty straightforward in their organization. If you receive this assignment, it means you need to do the following:
- Grab the reader’s attention and make them think that your topic is crucial.
- Explain the problem using information from trusted resources.
- Share your viewpoint regarding this problem.
- Persuade the audience that your solution can really solve the issue.
The length of your argumentative essay is contingent on the chosen area. In this article, we’ll provide you with a sample of the argumentative essay 5 paragraph outline. We hope that it will help you organize your ideas efficiently and create your own outline.
Topic:What are the Main Causes of Domestic Violence?
If you choose this topic, your outline will have the following structure:
Share a true story. Maybe you faced domestic violence in childhood and wish to share your experience at the beginning of your paper. This story will definitely catch the reader’s attention.
If you can’t share your personal experience but this question really bothers you, search the Internet for some shocking statistics or truthful facts which will definitely make the audience pay attention to your essay.
- Thesis statement.
If you are working on this topic, your thesis may look like this:
Victims of domestic violence are men, women, and children, and in the majority of cases, the main causes are alcohol or drug abuse and traditional beliefs.
- Your thesis should be at the end of your introductory paragraph. When reading it, your readers will immediately understand what particular issues you are going to cover in your essay.
- Body Paragraphs.
Considering the fact that your main goal is to write the 5-paragraph essay, it is evident that it will consist of 5 paragraphs.
- What is domestic violence? Provide the audience with a brief definition of this phenomenon and explain why the question is fundamental. Modern society used to turn a blind eye to such questions, but in actual fact, many American families suffer from this shameful phenomenon.
- Drug abuse as one of the main causes of domestic violence. Men or women take drugs, thus contributing to the violent behavior problem, too. They can’t control themselves and snap at their family members.
- Alcohol abuse is one of the major factors that causes domestic violence. A drunk mom or dad can’t control their violent impulses and as result kids grow up in a terrible environment.
- Traditional beliefs. In this section, you need to explain that traditional beliefs may sometimes be a factor leading to violent behavior. For instance, men believe that women have no right to make decisions or provide advice. Usually, it happens because of psychological disorders or incorrect family values.
- Various disagreements with partners ranging from financial issues to intimate problems.
You should keep in mind that every viewpoint should be supported by arguments and statistical data. It will add credibility to your essay.
That is your final point which should persuade the reader of the correctness of your opinion. You should explain why the reader should adopt your view and why this question requires the attention of society. When writing about domestic violence, you may add information about measures which can prevent abuse in American families.
You shouldn’t put off this task indefinitely because it is really hard to create a worthy argumentative essay within a few hours. Remember that all writing stages take time and effort, so you should stay focused on what you do at all times. When you create your five paragraph argumentative essay outline in advance, you won’t face any difficulties with this task. Just make sure to state all the ideas in chronological order and create a properly structured essay. Having an outline will keep you from ‘getting lost’ in a number of similar facts.